Are you looking for an easy way to get healthy with your busy schedule? Interested in finding an activity that can be both social and beneficial to your health? CSU has partnered with Staff Council to launch a Walking Club. Walking is a relatively easy, accessible exercise that can help maintain a healthy weight, prevent and reduce heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes, improve your mood, improve sleep and supports your joints, just to name a few benefits.
The Walking Club meets Monday - Friday at 12:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. at the clock tower.
Join the CSU Walk Georgia Group to track your group and individual activity.
Open to all CSU Employees!!
Wellness and Health Care Support
Columbus State University cares about you and your family's health! That's why we have partnered with Board of Regents and BCBSGa to provide wellness benefits and health care support when you need it. Take advantage of these programs to keep you and your family healthy throughout the year:
- Preventive exams – covered under the health care plans at 100%! Take action and proactively manage your health before a serious medical condition occurs.
- On-line health risk assessment – measures how well you are doing managing your health, on-line health and wellness information, discounts on health-related products and alternative medicine therapies available on-line at www.bcbsga.com/bor or at www.kp.org
- 24/7 NurseLine BCBSGa: 800-785-0006 Kaiser: 404-365-0966 (Metro Atlanta) 800-611-1811 (outside Atlanta)
- Health support programs for employees with on-going conditions or for those coping with a serious illness. These programs provide you with information about your condition and help you keep on schedule with doctors visits and medications.
- USG seeks to improve well-being by providing opportunities and resources to enhance health and wellness with healthy habits.
- Student Recreation Center memberships through payroll deduction memberships for Employee and/or Spouse, dependents (16 and older), or a sponsored member.
Monthly Wellness Workshops
Columbus State University will be holding monthly wellness workshops in order to provide support and education on physical, mental, and spiritual well-being for our employees.
July 22, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. Schuster 130
Benefits of Yoga
June 29, 2016 @ 10:00 a.m. Schuster 130
"Don't Catch the Crazy"
Dr. Dan Rose, Psychologist
May 19, 2016 @ 10:00 a.m.
Health Implications for Exposure to Metals & Chemicals
LaTonya Santo, Interim Director, School of Nursing
April 13, 2016: Meditation and Stress Relief, presented by Dr. Cheryl Yatsko, Assistant Director of Counseling Center
April 7, 2016: General Wellness, presented by Becky Tew, R.N./Director of Student Health Center
Wellness Tip of the Week!
Don't forget to eat your vegetables! Aim for a diet high in vegetables to lower your risk for developing cancers. Add vegetables with the boldest colors such as broccoli, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, grapes and leafy greens. These contain the most powerful nutrients!